Our Commitment to You
Our Practice philosophy is to provide a high quality and caring service to our patients, which is accessible and considerate in an open and friendly atmosphere.
We believe in involving patients in their health care by open and effective communication. We recognise the value of each other and encourage the active participation of all our staff in improving the ways in which we deliver our service.
You can be sure that anything you discuss with any member of this practice (family doctor, nurse or receptionist) will stay confidential.
Everyone working in this Practice and for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. We take this duty very seriously. If you have any worries about confidentiality, or wish to see our confidentiality policy please feel free to ask any member of staff.
Your Medical Records
If you wish to see your medical records, please discuss this with your doctor so that any specific questions can be addressed. (You are entitled to see your records provided the doctor does not think it will affect your physical or mental well-being.) You may be asked to come in to the surgery at a separate time in order to read them. There is a charge for this service.
We need your help in providing services to you as a patient. Please help us to help you.
We ask that you treat the doctors, practice staff and other patients with courtesy and respect. Please read our practice booklet or this website. This will help you to get the best out of the services we offer.
It is important that you understand the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything. Remember, you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please give all the information about your health, particularly when you first register, and about any illness. Something which seems unimportant may be vital.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot, so that someone else can use your appointment.
- Please ask for home visits by the doctor only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not ring before you have been asked to do so.